Foresyngning til DR KoncertKoret / DR Vokal Ensemblet
AUDITION FOR THE DANISH NATIONAL VOCAL ENSEMBLE
Danish National Vocal Ensemble
Principal Conductor: Marcus Creed
The Danish National Vocal Ensemble (the full-time professional chamber choir of DR – Denmark’s national public-service broadcaster) has a vacancy for a permanent full-time tenor from January 2018. We are looking for a professional singer with good vocal range, dynamic flexibility, and wide musical experience.
Auditions for selected applicants will take place on Friday 9th June 2017 from 13.00 at DR Byen (DR’s headquarters) in Copenhagen. A second round for selected singers will take place the same afternoon.
In the first instance, singers wishing to apply for the post are requested to submit a recent recording (CD / DVD / MP3), together with a copy of the score, before the 9th of May 2017.
Non-Danish speakers are welcome to apply. DR cannot pay travel expenses for those selected for audition.
Singers selected for audition in Copenhagen will be asked to perform:
• A sacred aria by Handel, J.S.Bach, Haydn, Mozart or Mendelssohn. A copy of the vocal score must be submitted with the application form.
• A Danish strophic song or hymn (Danish lyrics) to be performed a cappella.
The remainder of the audition will consist of:
• a pre-prepared extract from a choral piece selected by DR, which can be downloaded after 15th May from www.foresyngning.dk In the audition, the extract will be performed accompanied by piano.
• a pre-prepared extract from a choral piece selected by DR, which can be downloaded after 15th May from www.foresyngning.dk - to be performed in the audition together with the 3 full-time tenors of the DR Vocal Ensemble.
• Vocal exercises supervised by the principal conductor, to demonstrate vocal range and flexibility.
• A sight-reading exercise.
Deadline for initial applications, including recent recording and copy of the vocal score, is no later than
12.00 midday Tuesday 9th May, 2017
The recording and score can be emailed to Choir Manager Peter Tönshoff Peto@dr.dk or posted to him at:
Emil Holms Kanal 20 opg 5-3, DK-0999 Copenhagen C. Telephone: +45 3520 6377
The Danish National Vocal Ensemble consists of 18 professional singers. The advertised position is a permanent one (after a probation period) and is a full-time job with 20 paid weeks off per year. The choir is in service 32 weeks p.a. The 20 weeks without service are determined no later than 30th September of any given year for the following year. Monthly salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the union agreement between the Danish Association of Professional Choruses and the Danish Broadcasting Corporation. Employment is subject to confirmation of residence and work permit in Denmark.
The annual salary is approx. DKK 372.000,- (approx. € 50000,-).
The DNVE’s repertoire is wide-ranging with particular emphasis on music from the baroque era and 20th and 21st centuries, for small vocal ensembles or solo voices, as well as full choir. The singers also regularly join with the Danish National Concert Choir (56 singers or more) to perform large symphonic works for orchestra and choir. In addition to working with the chief conductor, the Danish National Vocal Ensemble works with a range of prominent Danish and international conductors, and tours regularly, both throughout Denmark and abroad.
For further information about DR, Danish National Concert Choir and Danish National Vocal Ensemble: www.dr.dk/drve
Auditions will take place at: DR Byen, Emil Holms Kanal 20, 5-3, DK-0999 Copenhagen C
My Company, 4578 Marmora Road,
Glasgow D04 89GR
Tel : 123-456-7890